Module 1 – Introduction to Node JS
In this module, you will learn what is Node JS and advantages of Node JS and How Node JS Works and the difference between the traditional web server and what are the limitations of the traditional web server modal.
• What is Node JS?
• Advantages of Node JS
• Traditional Web Server Model
• Node.js Process Model
• Usage of Node JS architecture and Server Model.
Module 2 – Setup Dev. Environment
In this module, you will learn about the tools required and steps to setup development environment to develop a Node.js application and to work with the REPL to work with the console.
• Install Node.js on Windows
• Installing in mac os
• Working in REPL
• Node JS Console
• Node Setup on Dev box and execution of Script using REPL.
Module 3 – Node JS Modules
In this module, you will know what is a module, function and example. and achieving modularity and separation of concern with the Node JS Modules.
• Module Types
• Core Modules
• Local Modules
• Module Exports
• Familiarity with Node modules and its usage.
Module 4 – Node Package Manager
In this module, you will know what is npm and how to install and update packages.
• What is NPM?
• Installing packages globally
• Updating packages
• Familiarity with npm and its usage.
Module 5 – Creating Web server
In this module, you will learn how to create web server, handling GET, POST,PUT and Delete requests and listening to certain port numbers and handling routing with basic web server.
• Creating web server
• Handling http requests
• Sending requests
• Familiarity with http module and creation of http web server.
Module 6 – File System
In this module, you will learn how to use file module, and work with files for different operation like reading, writing, updating files, and the concept of Chunks, buffers, and uploading files synchronously and asynchronously.
• Fs.read File
• Writing a File
• Writing a file asynchronously
• Opening a file
• Deleting a file
• Other IO Operations
• Familiarity with file module and different operation with files.
Module 7 – Debugging Node JS Application
In this module, you will learn how to debug node js application. Debugging is a process
Of tracing the bugs and performance issues to optimize your code.
• Core Node JS debugger
• Familiarity with debugger and how to debug node JS application.
Module 8 – Events
In this module, you will learn events in Node JS, and the significance of the events, writing your own events because Node is event driven framework.
• Event Emitter class
• Returning event emitter
• Inhering events
• Familiarity with events and its usage.
Module 9 – Serving Static Resources
In this module, you will learn how to serve static html pages to the browser, and serving other file formats and restricting certain files. In this you will to serve static resources with built in middle ware..
• Serving static files
• Working with middle ware
• Familiarity with node-static module and fetching static resources.
Module 9 – Database connectivity
In this module, you will learn how to connect to SQL Server and perform CRUD operations. It is like ADO.net for MS.NET applications and JDBC for java. We will use different Node JS modules to connect with database.
• Connection string
• creation of tables
• Working with select command
• Updating records
• Deleting records
• Familiarity with sql module and using SQL query.
Module 10 – API Creation
In this module, you will learn how to create an API in node having get, post, put and delete method.
• API Creation
• Creation of JSON files
• Get method to fetch data
• Working with delete, post and put
• Familiarity with API creation and accessing using postman tool.